- Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
- Centre for Agricultural and Rural Development Studies (CARDS) at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU)
- Michigan State University Food Security Group (FSG)
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- June 2023
- June 5-6, 2023, CACCI-Asia, in partnership with the Panchayat Academy, TNAU, and IFPRI, organized a consultative stakeholder workshop in Tamil Nadu, India. The workshop aimed to facilitate technical, institutional, and policy innovations for climate action at the local level, fostering collaborations among administrators and stakeholders. Its outcomes will contribute to the development of a multisectoral intervention program for effective climate action and investment opportunities in the region.
- March 2023
- Suresh Babu gave a Special lecture Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Systems: Global Lessons at the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), India on Mar 30, 2023.
- February 2023
- CACCI-Asia team met with Dr. Ravi Kota, Economics Minister at the Indian Embassy to discuss climate change related collaboration opportunities under CACCI-Asia.
- January 2023
- ith support from USAID under CACCI-Asia, IFPRI and Michigan State University co-organized an international workshop titled Climate Change and Agriculture: Analytical Methods and Policy Options. This hybrid workshop which occurred on January 17-19, was specifically designed to enhance climate change-related analytical capacity of agriculture researchers, environmentalists, policymakers, analysts, and government officials. This workshop was held in partnership with the Centre for Agricultural and Rural Development Studies (CARDS) at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, India and the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN (ERIA) in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- CACCI-Asia lead, Suresh Babu, met with colleagues from World Resources Institute (WRI) to present CACCI work and discuss potential collaboration opportunities under the project. WRI India is working with the Tamil Nadu state intensively in translating national CC policies and strategies into state and district-level action plans that combine the NDCs and NAPs and translate them into investment plans.
- CACCI-Asia team met with Dr. Anbu, Director of Research from ERIA, on developing a proposal on working climate smart inventory Sustainable Agriculture with Climate Smart Approach in support of the G20 Agriculture Working Group.
Group Photo of Participants at USAID supported International Workshop on Climate Change Policy Analysis, January 2023.